Site preparation work has commenced on the Randwick Campus Redevelopment
Staged site establishment, demolition, site clearance and early works for the Randwick Campus Redevelopment commenced in October 2018 enabling construction of the Acute Services Building to begin in early 2019.
The health and safety of patients, families, visitors, staff, workers and the community are our top priority.
Construction activities and impacts such as dust, noise and vibration are subject to strict planning, monitoring and control measures.
Site preparatory work involves:
- Establishment of the site and installation of hoarding
- Demolition of 92 buildings and ancillary structures
- Removal of vegetation
- Site remediation
- Utility relocations and upgrade
- Set up of site and worker facilities.
Approved site hours are:
- Monday to Friday, 6.00am – 6.00pm
- Saturday, 8.00am – 5.00pm
- No Sunday work unless prior approval is granted.
Truck movements will be reduced during peak traffic periods to minimise impacts to local roads.
- Check out our Construction Factsheet for all information relating to what construction activity will be occuring, the management of construction impacts and construction site plans.